About ITI (Industrial Training Institutes) and Diploma Courses
what is ITI (Industrial Training Institutes) – means Industrial Training Institutes is a goverment Training sector and Offres admission on merit basis and certificate level courses and vocational training institute in technical field and constituted under Directorate General of Employment & Training (DGET), Ministry of Labour & Employment, Union Government of India.There are lots of branches in india and provides great facilities and training in technical trades.Student who has passed 10th class is eligible for admission in ITI. The target point of opening with ITI is provide technical manpower to industries.These persons are trained in basic skills required to do jobs in technical fields. The course in ITI is designed according basic skill in the trade specified. The duration of course may vary from one year to three years depending upon trade opted. After completion of desired period of training the person is eligible to appear in the AITT ( All India Trade Test ) conducted by NCVT( National Council for Vocational training ). After passing AITT, the person is awarded NATIONAL TRADE CERTIFICATE (NTC) in concerning trade by NCVT.ITI courses are available according to streams and can do also ITI courses after 12th commerce without maths.
One can pursue higher studies like diploma in engineering after completing the engineering trading course in ITI. Specialized short-term courses for certain trades are also offered in Advanced Training Institutes (ATIs) that hone the candidates’ skill. Many industries/ companies accept ITI graduates only as apprentices and they train the candidates for a period of 6 months to 1-2 years. However the period of training the admission of the candidates may vary from one company to the other. These candidates may be considered suitable for employment only after the training period. Renowned ITIs and ITCs have their own placement cells and candidates after the completion of their trades may be directly recruited by the companies.The Central Govt has announced to give a bumper gift to 8th and 10th students, now ITI Courses After 8th and 10th class will be equal to 10th and 12th Class
ITI qualified candidates can apply for jobs in either private or public sector depending on the trades they are equipped with. Some of the trades that are much in demand are electronics welder refrigeration and air-conditioner mechanic. It is worthwhile to mention that electronics is the basis of almost every field. Therefore it has a very good scope. Electronic mechanic trade graduates can find job opportunities in IT companies and in manufacturing units of electronics equipment.
Both welders and air-conditioner mechanics have good scope both in India and abroad. Job openings of A/C mechanics are available in the different sections of the Public Service Commission (PSC) and in railways where they will be employed as technicians instructors etc. Job opportunities for fitters are enormous in on shore and off shore companies such as oil and gas factories shipyards etc. Candidates with electrician trade can find openings in the electricity board / department for which the recruitment is through PSC (Public service Commission) Exams.
Candidates can also find job opportunities in government organizations like Indian Army Indian NAvy Air force Railways Telecom and paramilitary forces like BSF (Border Security Force) CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force) etc. Last but not the least candidates can also be self-employed by setting up their own winding shops garage fabrication shops etc.
List of ITI courses after 12th with duration and eligiblity are:
Engineering ITI courses:
1. Tool & Die Maker Engineering , 3 Years, 10th passed
2. Draughtsman Engineering(Civil Engineering) , 2 Year, 10th passed
3. Draughtsman (Mechanical) Engineering, 2 Year, 10th passed
4. Fitter Engineering, 2 Year, 10th passed
5. Turner Engineering, 2 Years, 10th passed
6. Information Technology & E.S.M. Engineering, 2 Years, 10th passed
7. Machinist Engineering, 10th passed
8. Refrigeration Engineering, 2 Years, 10th passed
9. Mech. Instrument Engineering, 2 Years, 10th passed
10. Electrician Engineering, 2 Years, 10th passed
11. Wireman Engineering, 2 Years, 8th passed
12. Mechanic Motor Vehicle Engineering, 2 Years, 10th passed
13. Mechanic Radio & T.V.Engineering, 2 Years, 10th passed
14. Mechanic Electronics Engineering , 2 Years, 10th passed
15. Surveyor Engineering, 2 Years, 10th passed
16. Pattern Maker Engineering, 2 Years, 8th passed
17. Mechanic Agriculture, 8th passed
18. Welder (Gas & Electric) Engineering, 1 Year, 8th passed
19. Forger & Heat Treater Engineering, 1 Year, 8th passed
20. Foundry Man Engineering, 1 Year, 10th passed
21. Carpenter Engineering, 1 Year, 8th passed
22. Sheet Metal Workern Engineering, 1 Year, 10th passed
23. Plumber Engineering, 1 Year, 8th passed
24. Diesel Mechanic Engineering, 1 Year, 10th passed
25. Mechanic Tractor, 8th passed
26. Plastic Printing Operator Engineering, 1 Year, 8th passed
27. Pump Operator, 10th passed
28. Motor Driving-cum-Mechanic Engineering, 1 Year, 10th passed
Non Engineering ITI courses:
1. Computer Operator & Programming Assistant (COPA), 1 Year, 12th passed
2. Stenography English, 1 Year, 12th passed,
3. Stenography Hindi,1 Year, 12th passed
4. Cutting & Sewing, 1 Year, 8th passed
5. Book Binder, 1 Year, 8th passed
6. Dress Making, 1 Year, 10th passed
7. Seceratarial Practice, 1 Year, 10th passed
8. Hair & Skin Care, 1 Year, 10th passed
9. Fruit & Vegitable Processing, 1 Year, 10th passed
10. Embroidery & Needle Worker, 1Year, 8th passed
11. Bleaching & Dyeing Calico Print,1 Year, 10th passed
12. Weaving of Fancy Fabric, 1 Year, 8th passed
13. Letter Press Machine Mender, 1 Year, 10th passed
14. Hand Compositor, 1 Year, 10th passed
15. Commercial Art, 1 Year, 10th passed
16. Manufacture Foot Wear, 1 Year, 10th passed
17. Lather Goods Maker, 1 Year, 10th passed
How to get admission in ITI?
To take admission in ITI you must passed 10th. In some ITI institution take admission 12th pass candidates. generally for ITI admission institution directly take admission and few institution conduct entrance examination with their institution.
If you want to take admission in ITI then first find out which are the institution where you are interested to take admission. Collect form when they will provide form, fill up form and submit the application. If the institution have entrance examination then appear in examination and based on examination score you will be able to take admission. Otherwise institution may take admission based on your previous board examination marks.
Now a days demand of ITI is very good. Some government organization also recruiting ITI pass candidates in various post. Public organization also recruit ITI students in huge number each year. So many institution offer this courses.Generally after completion of ITI students prefer to go for diploma in engineering study. If you have completed 12th with science stream or if you have good marks in 10th and are good in science subject then you may try to take admission in polytechnic diploma in engineering. Scope and opportunity is much better after completion of diploma in engineering than ITI. But if you are not eligible for diploma in engineering then you may take admission in ITI.
Best of luck
Questions and Doubts About ITI Courses after 12th in India
Are both commerce and science streams same? Can we do ITI after 12th (Commerce)?
Ans : Hello friend
Both science and commerce streams are not same , both are two different paths
After 1oth there are courses related to science i.e., MPC, BiPC
Commerce stream will be in rel;ated to CEC , MEC
You can do ITI course after 12th
There are various courses in ITI related to electrical, mechanical, electronics etc
all the best…….
How to get admission for ITI course after completing 12th in Commerce stream?
Ans : You can take admission after in ITI course after 12th commerce. you go in BCA field and creat future in ITI field.and after then you doing MCA field.where you got a good salaries in this field. with bright future.
Which ITI courses are best choice for me to join after completion of 12th Class in Commerce stream?
Ans : Dear,
the best iti course for you is given below
1)Computer Operator & Programming Assistant(COPA)
It is a one year Non-Engg course, which trains you to learn fundamentals of computer. Identify and checking validity of data to attain the data entry speed, provide hand-on experience on PC/Micro Comp, Learning computer language like C, C++, Learning various packages supported by PC such as Office Automation (MS. Office, Word, Excel, Power point etc) and learning basic concepts of networking.
Now a days there is scope or not in iti electrical?
Ans : Yes,There is lots of scope as well as lots of competition in Electrical Engineering
Salary Packages after ITI Courses:
For Freshers : 1.2 Lakh to 1.5 Lakh (per annum)
For Experienced : 2.5 Lakh to 6 Lakh (per annum) according to field.
Latest News 0f 2016 for ITI Courses:
The Hon’ble PM said ” after passing 8th class, if one does ITI then he should be considered as 10th class pass. After 10th those who did for 2 years they should be considered as 12th pass” The Hon’ble Skill Minister says ” after passing 8th class, if one does 2 year ITI then he should be considered as 10th class pass. After 10th those who did for 2 years they should be considered as 12th pass” I could not understand whose statement is true time will tell. My real concern is genuine that it is true fact choice after 8th year ITIs is just one in Wireman Category whereas in the case of 12th pass students choices are for all the rest of the courses. 2 years ITIs after 10th will get 12th pass out then also pursuing 3 year diploma after xth also get equivalency of 12th. In my opinion keeping in view the choices available with 8th passed out very minor then the ITI prescribed in that case may be remained for 1 year keeping in view NCVT choices in engg. side. No instructions yet have been conveyed to competent authorities yet what will these students do when the new admissions process is under process for admissions in higher education. It is imperative that till implementation hrd ministry give executive orders to institutions for equivalency 1 year equivalent 10th and 2 year as 12th for future students and those who have already completed NCVT trade test process.
As always, feel free to share this post with your friends, relatives and colleagues on Facebook, Whatsapp, Twitter and Google+.
Search on BharatMatrimony
The Most Preferred Matrimony Portal
Over 20 Million Members Join Free