About Mining Engineering Course:
What is Mining Engineering – Mining engineering Degree and Diploma is a Low Profile Course in
which Mining Engineer student learns to exract Natural thing like Mineral and other resources from the earth.they also learn how to make mining machine and equipment for extracting minerals and natural things from the Earth.They make and design new mining machines and equipment by ensuring that the mining procedures used are safe and efficient.Mining engineer job is involved in mining operations of exploration and searching of the mineral resource, through feasibility study, development of plans, mine design, production and operations to mine closure.In the process of mining operations, lots of waste and harmful material and gases are generated which are uneconomic material and type of pollution. Mineral extraction with mining equipment is an activity which will be cause a disturbance of the nature of Earth. Mining engineers must be concerned with mine operation activities that can damage to the environment both during and after mining operations.
Objectives of Mining Engineering Course :
The Educational Terms of the Mining Engineering Program are:
- Graduates will learn the basic theory and knowledge of the plan and design mines in an ethically, socially responsible and environmentally manner.
- Graduates will learn how to identify, formulate, and solve practical mining engineering problems with applying mathematics, science, and engineering
- Graduates will learn to prepare for entry-level positions in mining operations and all right management of mines.
- Graduates will be able to teach plans, designs, and operational practices to all colleagues.
- Graduates will Learn the skills of mining engineering topics such as materials handling, rock fragmentation,resource/reserve estimation, mineral processing, mine surveying and ventilation .
The eligibility requirement to become an Mining Engineer :
What it takes to become a Mining Engineer?
- 12th class with science subject such as biology, maths and chemistry
- For IITs, Joint Entrance Examinations (J.E.E) is mandatory to qualify.The duration for the course is 4 years.
Academic programs in Mining Engineering Colleges:
- Diploma in Mining Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology in Mining Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mining Engineering
Post graduate courses
- Master of Technology in Mining Machinery Engineering
- Master of Philosophy in Mining Engineering
- Master of Engineering in Mining Engineering
- Master of Technology in Mining Engineering
- Master of Technology in Open Cast Mining
- Master of Philosophy in Open Cast Mining
Type of Mining Engineering Course:
The mining engineering academic programme contains basic engineering sciences, theoretical and practical training in the different aspects of mining engineering, metallurgy and geology. planning, design, construction, operation, & maintenance of mines, their safety, & excavating & transport of minerals.
Mining Engineering specialized fields are:
- Mine Health and Safety
- Mine Planning
- Environmental Aspects of Mining
- Industrial Management
- Materials Handling
- Design of Engineering Structures
- Minerals Processing
- Ore Reserve Analysis
- Rock Mechanics
- Mine Cost Engineering
- Drilling and Blasting
Career prospects in Mining Engineering- Different fields where you can find jobs and job profiles:
- Extraction Maintenance Superintendent
- Mine Safety and Health Specialist
- Short Term Mine Planner
- Senior Mining Engineer
- Coal Preparation Plant Manager
- Process Plant Maintenance Foreman
- Mining safety engineers
Top Recruiters Companies of Mining Engineering Courses:
- Steel Authority of India
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation
- Reliance Industries Limited
- Tecnimont ICB Pvt. Ltd
- TATA Power
- Coal India Limited
- Bharat Aluminium Limited
- Hindalco Industries
- Indian Oil Corporation
- National Aluminium Corporation
- Bharat Gold Mines Ltd
What is the Job Demand and scope of Mining Engineers?:
Jobs in geological / mining engineering are rising up to 12%, adding 1,000 jobs by 2022. Mining Engineering is increasing slowly as the speed of a turtle. Still, the number of jobs and scope will not be large, since the mining Engineering field is a relatively small.In this engineering field candidate has to do lots of struggle for getting a job and in this job all things depend upon the hard work
Salary Packages after Mining Engineering Courses:
Mining Engineering courses can be a slow demanding and low profile field.However it is equally rewarding field as well.A Mining Engineer can expect starting salary of around Rs 5-6 lakh annualy.One can only imagine how much their salary will rise after they gain enough amount of experience in this field.